Welcome on board!
We'd be grateful for your donation and help with this exciting project.
The Karori Event Centre is a proposed new venue, based in the heart of Karori, designed to meet Western Suburbs community needs, now and into the future.
The Western Suburbs needs the Event Centre
- We need a community venue. We've lost community and church halls and we may lose more still because they're too expensive to maintain or upgrade, or don't meet earthquake standards. The St John's hall is 'yellow-stickered' as an earthquake-prone building and likely to be sold in the near future.
- The Karori Event Centre will be available and affordable for all.
- It will be a flexible, multi-purpose venue – catering for activities, meetings, exhibitions, performances, events, civil defence.
- It will bring life, vitality, and business into the community.
We need your support and donations
The total cost of the project is $4m and we aim to raise funds to start construction in 2015!
The Council has donated $260,000 and agreed in principle to donate proceeds from the sale of the St John's hall site, should it be sold. We've received a grant of $250,000 from The Lion Foundation and many generous donations from community members and organisations.
How you can help
- Sign (and get your friends to sign) our Signature of Support form (224KB PDF) to show the community supports our Centre when we apply for grants. Send it to us before 5 August 2014.
- Contact us to donate now or to discuss how you can help in 2015!
- Talk to your friends and neighbours about the project.