Welcome on board!
We'd be grateful for your donation and help with this exciting project.
The Karori Event Centre will be Karori's replacement community hall, designed to meet community needs now and into the future. It will be built next to the Community Centre, where it will be easy to manage and easy for people to access from the pedestrian walkway.
The Western Suburbs needs the Event Centre
- We need a public community hall. The St John's hall is 'yellow-stickered' as an earthquake-prone building and marked for disposal by the Wellington City Council in 2015. Other halls have closed, don't meet earthquake standards, or are fully booked at peaked times.
- The Karori Event Centre will be available and affordable for all.
- It will be a flexible, multi-purpose venue – catering for activities, events, meetings, exhibitions, performances, and civil defence.
- It will bring life, vitality, and business into the community.
We have had some recent success!
The Lottery Community Facilities Fund has granted us $500,000, stating community support was the biggest contributing factor to their decision. Thank you to our Karori and Western Suburbs community and our grant providers. We couldn't have done it without you!
We have now met the $1m Wellington City Council target, which means we can uplift Council contributions. This includes $310,000 and the proceeds of the sale of the St John's Hall land. We aim to start building the Event Centre in 2016.
But we still need your support and donations
We are getting much closer ... but we need to raise another $200,000 to start building. Please continue to support us!
- Please donate now as an individual, family, club, or business
- Help us fundraise!
- Tell your friends and neighbours about the project.
Karori Event Centre project supporters